Since going live on the new MOT testing service you may have experienced problems with the following:
• issuing duplicate certificates
• carrying out retests
These are both known problems and are in the process of being fixed.
Until further notice, please read the following advice and guidance which will help you and your customers deal with these temporary issues.
The existing rules for issuing duplicate certificates apply and have not changed.
If you have problems issuing duplicate certificates you can:
• refer customers to a local garage still using the old MOT Comp system which can issue duplicates for a £10 fee
• refer customers to DVSA’s Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 9000 (Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 6pm) which can issue duplicates for a £10 fee
New MOT testing service duplicate certificates
You can issue duplicate certificates for tests you’ve carried out using the new MOT testing service.
Use the following instructions to print duplicate certificates for these tests:
1. On Your home page select replacement/duplicate certificate
2. Enter the vehicle registration number and VIN
3. Select Search
4. Identify the vehicle test record to be duplicated
5. Select View
6. Select Confirm
7. Make sure the test entry details are correct
8. Select Reprint certificate
9. Print certificate
If you have any problems carrying out a retest within the first 10 working days of you using the new MOT testing service please:
• carry out the retest as normal
• record it as a full test as a temporary measure
After this 10 working day window, you’ll be able to carry out retests as normal within the new MOT testing service and record them as retests.
Please be aware that the new MOT testing service has simplified how MOT retests are recorded and you no longer have to define types of retest (eg free, chargeable etc).