The existing rules for issuing duplicate certificates apply and have not changed.
Currently, only the ‘tester’ role can issue duplicate certificates within the MOT testing service. The ‘Site manager’ and ‘admin’ roles will be able to use this function the in the near future.
If you have problems issuing duplicate certificates you can:
- refer customers to a local garage still using the old MOT Comp system which can issue duplicates for a £10 fee
- refer customers to DVSA’s Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 9000 (Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 6pm) which can issue duplicates for a £10 fee
New MOT testing service duplicate certificates
You can issue duplicate certificates for tests you’ve carried out using the new MOT testing service.
Use the following instructions to print duplicate certificates for these tests:
- On Your home page select replacement/duplicate certificate
2. Enter the vehicle registration number and VIN
3. Select Search
4. Identify the vehicle test record to be duplicated
5. Select View
6. Select Confirm
7. Make sure the test entry details are correct
8. Select Reprint certificate
9. Print certificate