You can reset your password at anytime, if you forget it, or think it may have been compromised. The ‘reset password’ link can be found on the MOT testing service sign in page.
Go to the sign in page at https://www.gov.uk/mot-testing-service
1) select the ‘Forgotten / Change password’ link
2) enter your User ID
3) you’ll be prompted to answer the first security question that you set when you originally claimed your account
4) you’ll then be prompted to answer the second security question
5) when both questions have been answered, an email will be sent to your registered email address
- Please note: If you can’t remember the answers to your questions, please contact our MOT testing service desk on 0330 123 5654 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturday - excluding public holidays.
6) open your email inbox and look for an email sent to you from MOT Web App Email service
7) click the link in the reset password email
8) the link will direct you to the reset password screen
9) enter your new password. Your password must:
- contain AT LEAST 8 characters
- contain AT LEAST 1 number
- be a mix of UPPER and lower case letters
You can’t reuse an old password
10) re-enter the password to confirm the entry
11) click ‘reset password’
12) you can now sign in to the MOT testing service
Please note: The self-service password reset can ONLY be used if you have registered an email address on the system. If there is no email address registered, please contact the MOT testing service desk on 0330 123 5654 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturday (excluding public holidays).
It will send you a new claim account password in the post. This may result in you having no access to the new service and being unable to carry out testing for up to 5 days.